What can we help you with?
- Starting a Business
- Growing a Business
- Business Plans & Research
- Loan Packaging
- Credit: Score & History
- Marketing & Internet Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media
- Facebook Business Page
- Human Resources
- IRS Tax Information
- One on one FREE consulting
- Free Resources
Call for your FREE & Confidential Appointment today!
Newberry Area SBDC: 803.321.5689
About the SBDC - Our Mission & Services
Our Mission: To advance South Carolina’s economic development by helping entrepreneurs grow successful businesses.
The SC SBDC shall be recognized as the gateway and proven provider of small business assistance driving entrepreneurial growth and success.
- To the state of South Carolina this means BIG business because:
- State and local communities experience economic growth, reaping the benefits of SC SBDC contributions.
- The SC SBDC is a partner of choice in university/public/private collaborations to grow small business and its leaders.
- SC SBDC innovative tools and practices are trusted by South Carolina’s small business owners to give them a competitive advantage in a dynamic economy.
- The SC SBDC is recognized as a world class team that leverages its network and resources to get economic results.
- Stakeholders recognize the SC SBDC’s value and provide sustainable funding to ensure continued economic impact.
- INTEGRITY: The SC SBDC is committed to high ethical standards, always doing the right things for the right reasons.
- COMMITMENT: Responsively serving clients is our core mission and first priority; working individually and as a team, we anticipate and meet client needs with relevant, leading-edge services.
- PROFESSIONALISM: We are dedicated to cultivating a capable team of business consultants that demonstrates unwavering respect and courtesy for clients, stakeholders and ourselves.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: We vow to maintain the confidentiality of client information, ideas and results.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves to the highest order of responsibility and stewardship with clients, stakeholders and ourselves.
The are 20 South Carolina Small Business Development Centers (SC SBDC) across the state that offer individual, confidential business consulting at no cost. Highly-trained consultants assist both existing and startup companies. Consultants provide a variety of services, including advisement on business plans, fiscal and operations management, financing options, marketing strategies, human resources and much more. Centers conduct affordable education workshops and provide referrals to useful business resources. Specialized services include government contracting, exporting, veterans business assistance and minority outreach. Visit www.SCSBDC.com to find a center and make an appointment.
- Consulting ‑ The SBDC offers individual consulting in such areas as marketing, record keeping, financial planning, loan packaging, production, and general management for the small business person engaged in retail, wholesale, manufacturing, or service business
Fees: Consulting and referral services are offered without charge. Seminars are provided at a nominal fee.
Resource: The SBDC is staffed by professionals with extensive business experience and excellent educational backgrounds. The work of the professional staff is augmented by university faculty, qualified students and private consultants.
BUSINESS TEMPLATES: Please visit the South Carolina SBDC website resource page to download your free small business templates (Business plan guide, cash flow spreadsheets, start up checklist and more).